Twenty years ago today CERN published details of how to use the technology behind the World Wide Web. Thanks to Sir Tim Berners-Lee’s decision to provide everything as ‘royalty free’ it meant that anyone and everyone could use it.
CERN are celebrating the 20 year birthady by republishing its very first website at it’s original URL: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
Here is a fascinating article about it all from CERN themselves: http://info.cern.ch
Happy Birthday WWW!
Dexam International today launched their new website. Designed and built from the ground up by Webination.
The site incorporates a complete online catalogue and a trade login allowing resellers to easily order and buy products.
Visit the site here: www.dexam.co.uk
A very interesting interview here on the BBC site with Amit Singhal, head of search at Google.
Amit discusses not only the future of Google search but also the elements of personalisation that will continue to become more and more important to the whole ‘search’ experience. Awesome ideas with Project Glass as well!
We hope that you’re all ready for the 26th May 2012 EU Cookie Law deadline.
From this date ALL websites need to inform and gain permission from users before planting cookies. Even if it’s just for Google Analytics.
More details here.
Get in touch with us here if you need any help or advice with this!
An interesting article here regarding HTML5 and it’s accessibility.
The article includes some interesting comments from the web design teams at Google and Vimeo about the capabilities of HTML5 and limitations that users currently experience when using older browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.
We recently launched a website for Gloucestershire-based Northway Preschool Playgroup.
The website is now completely managed by staff via the MODx CMS. Editing and creating new content is very easy and quick to carry out.
We have also provided the hosting, email accounts and support.
The site can be viewed here.
We hope to add further features to the site in the near future.
Webination are now able to offer a similar system to other playgroups, schools and charities. If you are looking for a new website and work in the education sector please contact us for a free consultation to discuss your requirements.
The site can be viewed at www.northwaypreschoolplaygroup.co.uk.
We have just revamped another e-commerce site (built in the Magento e-commerce platform) and launched an initial version of the online branded and plain clothing website.
With many more products and website features planned for a second phase, this site promises to be right up there with the best online clothing websites in the UK.
View the site at www.aplclothing.co.uk
Having been in distribution, print and branding since 1986, APL Clothing aim to be the best you can find in branded clothing and pre 12am delivery of plain clothing. They have in-house design and can embroider, screen print and heat transfer print.
Earlier today, according to consulting firm AptiQuant a study gave web surfers an IQ test and mapped their scores against the browser they used.
The findings have since been reported bogus and it has been confirmed that IE6 users do not have an average IQ matching that of a chimpanzee!
Read all about it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878
Yesterday, eBay and Magento announced that eBay have aquired the company in full, investing in the remaining 51% of Magento. They purchased the other 49% earlier this year.
EBay have also launched X.Commerce – an open ecommerce platform. Details about X.Commerce can be viewed here.
You can read eBay’s official acquisition statement here.
A couple of news articles with more detail about this can be read here and here.
Posted in Events, Launches
Tagged 2011, acquisition, announcement, buy, commerce, ebay, june, magento, news, x.commerce